Friday 20 September 2013

I can see the Statue of Liberty already... small of course


How can I forget to share this....

Last month I received a letter from the United State Embassy (South Africa) stating that the US Johannesburg Consular nominated yours truly to participate in the International Visitor Leadership Program. I started this nomination process in February so by June I'd thought I was not considered. When the letter arrived I was ecstatic. If all goes well (and it will, because I am not a criminal) I will be in the US next year February.

I can't wait to meet the other participants, people that I share commonalities with, to experience the US live instead of TV. The environment, the politics, the culture.... ooh I bet it will be an experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment