Tuesday 21 June 2016

Greek Experience at MYTHOS


*On a quest to try out different cuisines, find new restaurants in and around Pretoria*



 Image: Tripadvisor



Mythos is a Greek restaurant with a few branches in South Africa. The restaurant I visited is at the Brooklyn Design Square, Pretoria. According to their website, Mythos, is described as a contemporary Greek restaurant with décor and an ambiance that is stylishly elegant, but also appealing to those who enjoy a quiet romantic setting for two.




When the menu came I decided not to have a starter and went straight for the main, besides it was too early for a three course meal.




 I ordered SOUDSOUKAKIA – Home-made meatballs cooked in a fresh tomato sauce & flavoured with herbs, a touch of garlic & oregano, served with rice.
On the meal:

The meatballs tasted differently from the sausages/ meatballs I usually eat or ever had in my life. I would say they were made at the restaurant with very little seasoning, additives or colourants. They were not fatty at all.  It was just minced meat and herbs. The rice was cooked just right, not overcooked. The grains were in an edible state not mushy. 

The tomato sauce tasted fresh, I would be disappointed if I were to realise that it came from a bottle.  It had that sour taste that tomatoes have and less seasoning and other additives.  This meal didn’t make me think, I am going to pile on some kilos after having it.  It was tasty, healthy, no oil in sight just starch from rice.



For dessert I ordered BAKLAVA, and it came with ice cream.  Ice cream was normal vanilla ice cream.
  
Baklava had layers of pastry; the bottom and top crust were a bit hard to break even though I was using a cake fork. I could taste the nuts and the syrup. It was so sweet - it was almost sinful.   So sweet I couldn’t finish it, I ate all the ice cream though.


Their service is okay, food came quick after ordering I can't fault it really. I left around 15:00 PM and the restaurant was quiet compared to when I arrived.  Lunch time is very busy on a Saturday, choose another time to visit the restaurant if you prefer to have your meal in a quiet surrounding.  


* All photos are mine unless otherwise stated*



No comments:

Post a Comment