Monday 6 June 2016

Skin Essentials this Winter

Do not forget to take care of your skin during these cold weather months. Make sure your skin is hydrated and nourished, see below a variety of products perfect for your skin this winter.




Your Face:
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil for face - You will not go wrong with this cocoa butter enriched oil. It is blended with ten different oils (see bottom photos), including coconut, almond and argan oil, as well as retinol and vitamin C & E. It will relieve your skin of any dryness and leave it moisturised and luminous.   

Pond’s Flawless Radiance BB Cream with SPF 30 – BB cream is a good cream to own when you don’t like applying make-up. I prefer BB cream over foundation any day. It is light, blends in well with my skin tone and has SPF. I do not see why I should wear foundation on top of this besides I find foundations messy and time consuming. Applying BB cream is easy and fast, and it will hide your blemishes just as well. SPF is the real reason why I keep BB cream.  Protecting your skin against the harmful sun rays is a very important daily requirement for everyone. Regardless of your race, gender, age and skin tone, YOU NEED SUNSCREEN.
Eucerine Sun Fluid Mattifying SPF 50 – The winter sun is very harsh and everyone needs to protect themselves from the skin damaging and aging UV rays.  This particular sun screen works best for those who hate the idea of a shiny grey looking skin after applying sun screen.  It is mattifying and will not leave your skin oily.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - I love this cream and I use it solely on my lips as a lip balm. I am a Vaseline girl that I will not hide. Under my lip gloss or lipstick you best believe there is Vaseline. There are times when even Vaseline cannot rescue me, like during this season for an example. Apply Eight Hour Cream to chapped lips and in no time you will have smooth lips. PROMISE.
 


Your Body
E45 Cream and E45 Intensive Recovery Body Lotion - E45 is a good cream for dry skin. I am currently using the E45 cream but in the summer I use E45 Intensive Recovery Body Lotion because it is lighter. The cream is much thicker; I find it suitable for winter months. E45 is a non-greasy cream suitable for dry sensitive skin. It is clinically proven to help improve skin health.
 
Eucerine Extra Light Sun Lotion SPF 50 – Everyone must have sunscreen in their cupboard, this is not negotiable. This particular product is suitable for the face and body. It can leave one very shiny so I prefer it on the body (arms/ legs) than on my face.


 

 

 

Your Hands:
 
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream – In summer I wouldn’t wear this hand cream as it is dense and suitable to use in winter.  It doesn’t only intensively moisturise your hands, leaving them feeling soft and smooth but it also lasts. It is not the kind of hand cream that you must apply every 30 minutes as it can get greasy. Enriched with cocoa butter, Vitamin A, C and E it will soften and relieve rough dry skin on your hands. It is also suitable for elbows, feet and knees.
Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Oil Cuticle - A few weeks ago I posted a blog post on this oil . Apply this vitamin E rich oil to your nails and cuticles at least once a day, preferably when going to bed.  When I remember I  apply it during the day too.  With this intensive moisturising oil say hello to soft cuticles and bye-bye to dry, brittle nails.



 
 * The products on this post can be found at Dischem, Clicks and any other supermarket's cosmetic aisle in South Africa.


 

 

 
 *All photos are mine unless otherwise stated*
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment