Tuesday 18 February 2014

No Statue of Liberty but Hollywood Walk of Fame

The IVLP trip to USA, 3 weeks, four cities...

I was nominated and selected to participate in the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) by the US Embassy in South Africa. 2 days before my trip to USA, I am excited and scared at the same time. I am scared because this is a new kind of responsibility, 'kind of raises the bar' as Phil Cummings said. I wonder if it means I must just be an adult who is not young at heart, but serious at heart :-)  I look at the list of the participants I will be with in this program and I feel really inexperienced but have to up my game and represent my country well. Truth is, this is a heavy responsibility, I do welcome it though. I am prepared to do the best that I can and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience.

My program will not take me to New York and so no Statue of Liberty but I will be going to Los Angeles and maybe just maybe I may see my African feet on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or Rodeo Drive. Rodeo Drive just to see ridiculously expensive pieces of clothing, for the what I also don't know.

Now I believe I am going to AMMURRICCA! Last year I knew I was going but I didn't want to jinx it and maybe hear that the program is cancelled. I have a ticket, accommodation, damn a visa and so I am going to AMERICA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment