Wednesday 4 March 2015

Compliments of the New Year!


Compliments of the New Year!

Yes, we are three months into the year but I think this greeting is still appropriate considering that this is my first blog in 2015.
2014 Reflections
2014 is a year that started out on a high note. I went to the USA in the first quarter of the year and started a new job in the third quarter of the year. A lot happened in-between the first quarter and the third / fourth quarter (don’t really want to write an essay).  Though it will be a mistake on my part not to mention this one highlight of 2014 – I WAS TIRED ALL YEAR ROUND! I lacked energy, didn’t feel like doing anything. I felt like I had committed myself too much, had a few things that I had to do/ events to attend and I dreaded participating in them that’s if they hadn’t already drained me after taking part. Really, that part was horrible. It was like I never recovered from the USA trip, I was jet-lagged the whole year.
How can I forget that I turned 30 in 2014?! Yeah I closed the calendar! Getting old is no fun, especially when you look at your accomplishments and suddenly realise that “Damn I am a 30/1 year old underachiever”. I say this with no reservation because it reminds me of the work still to be done.

I mean, other kids are working out there and breaking down barriers – and mina (me)?

Now 2015
I will not write about how often I am going to blog and stuff like that *someone guilty*. I have though, decided that I will blog about anything and everything I like to write about at a particular time. Haven’t I been doing that already? Well, not entirely, this year it will not be about me and what revolves around my personal life only. I want to include politics, social issues etc. on the blog. That is until I find that niche area.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment