Monday 12 September 2016

The Search For Great Skin with SkinPhD

I am one of those people who are not blessed with good skin. I always have to work on my skin, follow a strict regime or even invest in expensive products. I was at a point where I needed new effective facial products. I came across the SkinPhD range. SkinPhD is a South African product launched in 2012, suitable for all races and sells worldwide. 


 
"SkinPhD is an advanced cosmeceutical skin and body range scientifically developed for all skin types, to nourish, balance and create a positive change in the functioning and appearance of the skin. As cosmeceutical range, our products rely on bio-active ingredients to provide beneficial changes in appearance of the skin, working beyond the skin surface to create true change" - SkinPhD website.
 
Below are the few products I purchased from SkinPhD and going to use in the next few months.

Cleanser -  Cleansing is the basic of skin care. It is important to find a good cleanser to cleanse your face of dirt and impurities while maintaining your skin's pH balance. Cleansing should effectively clean your face to make sure that it can take in all the benefits of serums and creams.




Eye cream - As you may know, the skin around the eye is more delicate, prone to dryness and quick to show signs of aging. It is important that one keeps this part of their face moisturised. It is said that one must start using eye cream in their late twenties. Even though I started using eye cream about three  - four years ago, I believe that for a black girl, starting the eye cream regime at age 30-34 is okay.  For me it is paying off because one skin therapist I saw last year complimented me but then again I was thinking "I am black, I don't crack easily". If you are under the age of 35, I believe in wearing eye cream once a day - at night to get the cream working while you sleep. Of course if I feel and look tired I sometimes wear eye cream during the day too.



Serum - Serums are water based and contain active ingredients, because of their concentration they are normally the most expensive product in most skin care ranges. I was introduced to a serum about four  - five years ago. Before then, I knew nothing about serums. The first serum I used was from the Innoxa range, which is now discontinued in South Africa.  I struggled to get a good affordable product after Innoxa so I moved between products, for the most part I didn't wear serum. When I decided to try SkinPhD, I knew I had to get a serum too.
 
 
 
Skin Supplement - SkinPhD offers a  range of skin supplements, I opted for the pigmentation perfect supplement because of my uneven skin tone. I've been developing visible unevenness on my forehead. This is the reason I decided to invest in the supplement, to give my skin extra boost of active ingredients and counteract the effects of photo aging and improve my skin texture.
 


Cream/Moisturiser - Moisturising hydrates the skin, locks in the ingredients which in turn prevents water loss through heat/wind. It is important that your skin maintains its water. Moisturising also help with skin cell regeneration, cells repair themselves quicker when the skin is hydrated and healthy.  Finding a good moisturiser is a life mission since your skin is the largest organ and your face is the first thing that people notice / look at. I've had my fair share of creams/ moisturisers that were either too oily or were drying my skin. The consultant at SkinPhD promised that I will not go wrong with  their Cellceutic Day Advanced Dermal Moisturiser.
 



SkinPhD's description of their products:

"Delicate Foaming Cleanser
Delicate Foaming Cleanser is a highly effective, gentle and non-drying foaming cleanser mild enough for everyday use. Containing peptides that improve the skins elasticity and smoothness, whilst removing all impurities from the skin surface, leaving the skin feeling refreshed, soft and rejuvenated.
Eye care balm
From the skin health range is designed for all skin types, colours and conditions. It is designed to provide moisture to the delicate eye area whilst giving the skin the needed nutrition to work at its best.

Dermotox Anti -Wrinkle Serum

A potent and highly effective dermatological preparation, formulated with a scientifically advanced botanical complex, with clinically proven tyrosinase inhibiting activity, synergistically combined with natural malachite extract, a mineral-derived inhibitor of oxidative stress, to effectively reduce blemishes, improve radiance and correct unevenness of skin tone associated with actinically damaged and premature aged skin. 
Pigmentation-Perfect
Pigmentation correction and skin brightening. Best for: Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin colour.
Effect: Advanced anti-oxidant, Improves barrier protection, Photo protector, Natural skin brightening, Rescue of UV damaged cells, Skin calming agent, Minimises the signs of photo-ageing, Improves skin texture.
 
Cellceutic Day Advanced Dermal Moisturiser
This intense day cream formulated to regenerate the skin’s barrier function will protect, repair and increase the production of collagen and elastin. It will leave you with a brighter complexion by improving dull skin texture. Regular use will stimulate skin cell cycles and improve dermal micro-circulation, skin nourishment, tone and smoothness" - SkinPhD Website

 
 
In a period of three to six months, I will update this post with a review on SkinPhD and how the product has/ is improving my skin.
 
 
 
 
 
*All photos are mine unless otherwise stated*

No comments:

Post a Comment