Monday 11 July 2016

Fashionably Ditch your Stilettos

It is not that I don't like attending Receptions, I do, really. It is that I am one of those people who can't stand for a long time. I would want to mingle and meet new people but my shoes would be killing me, refusing to let me be great.  There is never a chair in sight and if there is , I think of the dignitaries, elders etc. It becomes an issue because all I think about is "when are the speeches going to be done? will it be rude if I leave just after speeches? Or but you must have something to eat , have some manners" . I have decided that when attending some functions especially the afternoon receptions I will trade-in my high-heels for flats. Yes I said FLATS.

In this post I will show you one way to ditch your stilettos and still look incredibly stylish.

Of course if you are going to replace your 4-inch shoes with flats you better choose stylish and beautiful flats.  Looking for a pair of gorgeous flats may be  a daunting task if you don't know where to begin:
  • Choose the colour, it will be best if you stick to primary colours.
  • The body and the upper part of the shoe is important, whether it is glossy, animal print, suede, mohair etc.
  • You can go for a flat shoe that is either bedazzled or has a bow. Or any kind of embellishment.

I found these faux-mohair bedazzled flat pumps. I didn't have to spend รก fortune on them since I got them at Mr Price. They are also a perfect colour that goes with everything.

Once you wear a pump/ flat shoe you have to add other accessories to make up for it. Also to show that you take the event and the host seriously.  Carry a beautiful clutch and wear statement jewellery.



 
 


Pair your pumps with a clutch bag instead of a normal handbag, to give your outfit that modern chic look. When choosing a clutch, look for  a structured clutch in a strong silhouette.



Choose equally beautiful pieces of jewellery like a brooch for your dress, shirt or jacket and statement earrings. I would suggest that you do not wear too many pieces at once. A wrist watch is enough when you already have a brooch and earrings, there is no need for a bracelet. 
 
 
 
With this combination of a beautiful flat shoe, statement clutch and jewellery plus a gorgeous outfit ( and attitude/ mood) you will not go wrong. After all it is said that "accessories make the outfit". Now put on a bold lip colour and attend the damn event.






 
*All photos are mine unless otherwise stated*

No comments:

Post a Comment