Wednesday 18 May 2016

Basics of nail care

We are  approaching winter, to some of us winter is here already ( not GoT lol ). Temperatures have dropped tremendously I took my coats to the dry cleaners and took out all my boots yesterday. Dry winter months leave us with dry cracked skin, dry brittle nails and cuticles, vulnerable to infections and influenza virus.

I want to address one thing that one can easily look after - your nails. Just because it is winter you do not have to have brittle nails and dry ashy looking cuticles. It is best that one removes cuticles and the extra skin  ( read dead skin) around their nails once in a while. I personally cannot do that myself, I need a nail technician  for that. In the mean time while I don't visit any nail technician I use a vitamin E based oil to keep my nails and cuticles moisturised and soft.

I use Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle oil. You can purchase this oil at Clicks, Dischem and any other cosmetic shop that stocks Sally Hansen products.   You apply the oil on your nails and on the cuticle areas around your nails and rub it in.  You can do this  three times a week or as often as you want. Trust me your nails will thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment