Friday 13 May 2016

Lifestyle change vow

I had a moment of awakening on April 28, I thought I was either having a heart attack or stroke ( well about to).  I was at work, sitting on my desk going on about my work. I felt a heavy pain in the middle of my chest ( I started experiencing this type of pain in 2016, never before) but this time around it was heavier and tighter than before. I panicked, thinking I am about to experience a heart attack or a stroke? At some point the pain moved from middle chest to right shoulder.  I quickly went on Google and I found different types of chest pains and what they mean ( Pulmonary embolism (PE), Angina, Heart attack (myocardial infarction) etc.).  I was scared for my life and I concluded that it must be that I am obese.
 
Right at that moment I found myself saying a little prayer. I prayed for my health, I asked God to give me a chance to change my life. I kept on saying "please God, not today. I promise I will eat better foods and exercise". I practically begged God to give me a chance to change my life. So this is where I am, that very same day I went to the gym in the evening and I haven't looked back - I am at the beginning of week three. I don't go to the gym everyday, I do three - four days, skip one day and go back the day after.
 
I've had gym membership since last year July but I've been to the gym about fifteen times only and never in the past seven months. I made a promise to God, this is the promise I don't intend breaking.  I have experienced the chest pain about 2 times since that day and it was not heavy and too tight. I have not experienced it in the last seven days.  Maybe I am doing something right.
 
 
I dusted my running shoes and started walking.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment