Sunday 22 May 2016

Thai Meal at Lotus Thai Restuarant

As a Pretorian there are a few places (restaurants, theatres, parks etc.) that I have been to. Basically, I don't know Pretoria. Often I will know the shopping centre and the neighbourhood but I wouldn't know what that shopping centre has to offer.  I have decided to sample restaurants around Pretoria, more specifically the food they offer. I am interested in different cuisines.
 

 
 
 
My first stop is the Lotus Thai Restaurant situated in Glen Village Mall in Faerie Glen, Pretoria East. I went there for dinner Saturday night. Upon arriving at the restaurant, there was a minute awkward situation, something told me we were not a likely client (now, I don't know whether black people don't eat Thai food or black people in Pretoria don't visit the restaurant). Of course, we were seated immediately after that "awkward situation".
 
 
 
I loved the setting and the ambiance. I kicked myself for coming for a take away, it is definitely a place where one has to sit in and enjoy their meal.  Their menu offers Sushi and Thai dishes.





For an appetiser I ordered the deep fried ground chicken and prawn dumplings with sweet chilli dipping sauce. For main I ordered the beef sweet and sour stir fry with noodles. My meal was a take-away so I took it home and dished it out on my own plates.



I enjoyed the dumplings so much; I wish I had ordered times two.  The pastry bag was just right not to hard or soft, dipped in the sweet chilli sauce it offered a delicious sensation.   The stir fry was just as good. The sweet and sour taste tantalised my taste buds. The vegetables were still crunchy - which I loved as the food was not overcooked and I could actually identify their taste individually. The noodles were also not overcooked; the main dish was offered a savoury taste.


Overall, I loved the food. It was tasty and different from the ( bland or junk) meals I have everyday. I will go back to the restaurant soon to try something else from their menu.
 
 
 
*All photos are mine unless otherwise stated*

No comments:

Post a Comment